Friday, May 22, 2009

Thank You Manchester! :)

Wow!

What a busy week I've had! Just about recovered from climbing up Scafell aside from a few niggling aches and a wee chest infection!

Last friday I was invited to the Inspiring Women Awards at the Midland Hotel, Manchester. Following a fabulous 3-course meal accompanied by sparkling wine I was presented with the award for 'Social Entrepreneur' which came as something of a shock especially considering the competition! A big thank you to the event organisers and especially to Kath Robinson who nominated me. It's really fantastic that the work everyone at EMERGE and I have done over the years has received recognition in the wider North West community. Not that we're resting on our laurels by any stretch - we've got big plans for expanding the 3Rs (waste reduction, reuse and recycling) and resource efficiency in Greater Manchester, to continue expanding upon the educational and community work we do and to grow as a social business as well.

I've got a mountain of bids, tenders and partnerships to contend with now but before I wade into it I 'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you so much for your support , we wouldn't make any progress without it .

Onwards & upwards!

Lucy.